I would like to announce that on 1st of March 2009, we are officially starting beta-testing phase for DITAworks product.
Beta-testing will be done by a group of interested parties from technical documentation service provider companies, end-customers and documentation professionals.
Main targets for beta-testing phase include:
- Verifying the design and usability of product features with prospective real users, before the production release
- Reducing inhibitors to new product (DITAworks) and technology (DITA) adoption
- Finding any issues which were not previously identified by internal QA
- Ensuring that the technical support operations will be prepared and functioning well to support the product upon its production release
- Rolling out a competent and reliable software product which caters to the needs of the customers well
Main benefits for participating parties include:
- Accessing a new and innovative product for evaluation
- Providing inputs directly to Product and Development Managers for future enhancements and improvements
- Possibility to influence priorities in functional development
- Devising a technology/marketing strategy in advance with a foresight of new software in market, thereby staying a step ahead of competitors
- Verifying the workability of product features in their environment
- Attractive incentives including discounts or/and a “special treatment” clause for production releases
- Reducing lead time in the roll out of the product in production environment
To enable beta-testing a special intermediate product version has been released: 0.9 beta. See detailed list of included functionality here.
This version will be available to parties participating in beta-testing phase only. Additionally support and feedback channels will be provided to beta-phase participants.
If you are interested in taking active part in beta-testing, please email to info[at]instinctools.com